- Managing Partner
Kevin J. Frost is a trial lawyer who is always advocating for his clients. Mr. Frost has successfully settled or tried a variety of cases involving trucking accidents, auto accidents, construction accidents, medical negligence, premises liability cases, and workers’ compensation cases. He has obtained multi-million dollar results for his clients against defendants and their insurance companies. As a result of these large awards, Mr. Frost was inducted in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Membership is limited to those attorneys who have shown skills, experience and excellence in obtaining settlements, verdicts or judgments for their clients in excess of one million dollars. Mr. Frost is also a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, a group of trial lawyers from each state who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff lawyers, and who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence and public profile.
Mr. Frost also represents families in wrongful death and survivorship claims. He has represented injured victims throughout the State of Illinois in a variety of cases, including trucking accidents, automobile accidents, uninsured/underinsured claims, bus accidents, public transportation providers, work injures, product manufactures, railroad companies and nursing homes.
Mr. Frost has been involved in a number of high-profile matters, including the litigation on behalf of several families concerning the Canadian National Railroad train derailment and explosion in Rockford. He also served as Co-Counsel for the families in the REACT Helicopter crash. Additionally, he was involved in the representation of clients who had defective medical devices, including DePuy ASR and Stryker hip replacements.
In addition to his work as a litigator, Mr. Frost gives back to the community through many civic and board activities, including his work as an elected Alderman in the City of Rockford. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Frost received his degree in Accountancy from the University of Illinois. He also clerked for the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office and the United States Attorney’s Office. His background offers him the ability to analyze and focus on many complicated details involved in complex personal injury cases.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Illinois, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1989
Classes and Seminars
- Evidence Videos, Winnebago County Bar Association
- Request to Admit - Trial Sector, Winnebago County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Award
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum - Life Member
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Winnebago County Bar Associate, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, Clerk
- United States Attorney’s Office, Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Prairie State Legal Services
- City of Rockford Alderman; Vice Chair - Legislative & Lobbying Committee; Vice Chair - Finance & Personnel
- Alpha Delta Phi