Clark Frost Zucchi Attorneys At Law

Injury Lawyers

Free Consultation | Hablamos Español 815-315-9357

Clark Frost Zucchi

Rockford Personal Injury Lawyers

  1. Home
  2.  » Personal Injury FAQ

Personal Injury: Frequently Asked Questions

For more than 35 years, the Rockford personal injury attorneys at Clark Frost Zucchi have been helping the injured recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages and more. In fact, our firm has secured more than $70 million in verdicts and settlements in the last 10 years alone. Here are some questions we often hear from clients with regard to car accidents, slip-and-fall accidents and other types of accidents in Illinois.

I was injured in a car accident that wasn’t my fault. Will the insurance company automatically pay me what I’m owed?

No. To get the compensation you need for medical bills, lost wages and other costs, you’ll need to file a claim with the insurance company—and it’s best to do that with the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. Why? The insurance company—even your own—is not on your side. Insurance companies are in business to make money—not necessarily to pay the full and fair compensation owed to accident victims. Before you give a written or recorded statement to the insurance company, speak with a lawyer at our firm about your options. We can help you seek the maximum available compensation for your injuries.

I suffered an injury as a passenger in a car accident. What should I do?

If you suffer an injury in any type of car, truck or motorcycle accident in which you are a passenger, seek medical attention right away. Then, for your protection, seek the professional opinion of an experienced personal injury lawyer. Do not discuss the situation with the at-fault party’s attorney or their insurance company before talking to an attorney yourself. The insurance company is not on your side and will do what it can to minimize or deny the compensation you receive.

We provide a free, no-obligation initial consultation regarding personal injury matters.

Who’s at fault for an injury due to a slip-and-fall accident?

Slip-and-fall accidents happen every day due to slippery floors, poor lighting, obstructed hallways, icy walkways and other preventable hazards. If you fall on the job or at a public place, the business or employer may be liable if they caused a dangerous situation or were negligent. The amount of compensation an injury victim receives will depend on a number of factors, including:

  • The type and severity of the injury
  • The specific medical treatment needed
  • Any wages lost due to not being able to work
  • Whether the injury affects your ability to earn an income
  • Mental anguish

Remember, the insurance company for the at-fault person/business wants to minimize or even deny your due compensation. Protect yourself by talking with one of our dedicated personal injury lawyers. Our goal is to recover the damages you need to heal from your injuries and move on with your life.

What is my case worth?

Each case is different. The seriousness of your injuries and the medical attention you require will determine the amount of compensation you need. You have the right to seek full compensation for medical expenses, lost wages and other costs resulting from an injury caused by someone else’s negligence. Depending on the facts of your case, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, as well as any mental anguish caused by the accident.

What is a contingency fee?

If an attorney works your case based on a contingency fee, the fee is taken only upon winning your case. A contingency fee is typically a percentage of the financial recovery. The attorneys at Clark Frost Zucchi handle personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis.

How can I prove my loved one was injured in a nursing home?

Nursing home neglect and abuse are a sad reality. If you think your loved one has been harmed due to nursing home negligence, we can determine if there is just cause for you to start legal action against the nursing home. We can gather evidence, talk to witnesses and seek the just compensation you and your family need. There is no excuse for nursing home abuse or neglect, and we can help you put a stop to it.

How do I get the workers’ compensation benefits I need?

If you have suffered an injury on the job, you may want to discuss your situation with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. It is your right to seek compensation to cover medical bills and other expenses resulting from a work-related injury. Insurance companies and employers use different tactics to avoid paying out on workers’ comp claims. We encourage you to contact us if you have experienced any of the following:

  • You were injured on the job due to a third party’s negligence.
  • Your workers’ comp claim has been denied.
  • You aren’t getting the full coverage you need.
  • You have been asked to return to work when you have not fully recovered.

Our team of knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorneys will assess your case and explain your options.

Work With An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney

The lawyers at Clark Frost Zucchi handle all types of injury cases, including wrongful death, medical malpractice, work injuries and motor vehicle accidents. Call us today at 815-315-9357 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation. We advise and represent clients in Rockford and throughout the Rock River Valley region.